Comprehensive 1 Year Course Information
To enquire fill out the Online Enquiry Form and we will get back to you as soon as possible
Comprehensive 1 Year Guide Course
This option is one of the most beneficial and applicable choices to make for the individual who has chosen a future career in the tourism and guiding industry. You, the learner, will be immersed into 6 months of structured and focused learning of Apprentice Field Guide (NQF2), Apprentice Trails Guide, and Regional Bird Guide courses. The courses are focused on coaching and developing the learner with the necessary guiding skills to be competent to enter the guiding industry at an introductory level.
Upon successful completion of all three skills courses, Ulovane assists in the placement of the learner into the guiding industry for 6-months of practical work experience. This opportunity provides a significant advantage to your career, allowing you to learn from mentors who have been in the workplace for many years.
Making mistakes, finding your own personal guiding style, and learning from experienced leaders will allow you to practically apply all you have learned at Ulovane.
Share this course with someone
- Includes: Wilderness First Aid Level 2 Certificate
- Includes: Relevant PFTC Unit Standards (Rifle Proficiency), Advanced Rifle Handling, Training and Evaluation of Tracking Skills, and 4 weeks of mentored walking hours.
* 6 Months of Work Experience
***There is a 2-week break between the Apprentice Field and Apprentice Trails Guide courses, and a weekend break between the Apprentice Trails and Regional Bird Guide Marine Guide courses.
Tap to read more or share
- 10 April 2023
- 10 July 2023
- 02 October 2023
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
- Conservation Fees
- All meals for the duration of the course
- Uniform provided
- All FGASA (assessment, exam, subscription, registration, moderation, manuals, workbooks, logbooks, prescribed literature, and certification) for the duration of the course
- Formal and Practical Tuition for all subjects
- Arranging Work Experience Placement for you
- Conducting necessary FGASA liason on your behalf, for the duration of your course